New York Magic Symposium Collection Three
In stock. Order now — we'll send it first thing Friday morning
New copies of a long out of print classic magic book have been found. Don't miss your chance to get your hands on New York Magic Symposium Collection Three.
This book was a special release for the 1984 New York Magic Symposium, a super popular magic convention featuring an all-star lineup of talent. A true "who's who" of the magic world.
A quick look at the list of contributors and you'll realize that this is truly a treasure trove of information you can't afford to pass up on. Some of the best magicians in the world shared incredible material that has been clearly illustrated by Tom Gagnon.
Contents of New York Magic Symposium Collection Three
- Introduction by Adam Fleischer
Part I - 1984 Performers
- The Lie Detector Case (Bro. John Hamman): a card viewed by the audience appears inside the card case
- The Phoenix Four (Bro. John Hamman): four cards selected & returned vanish and are discovered face up at the end of four packets
- Ringing the Change (David Roth): ringing the Liberty bell on the back of a half dollar
- Revised Chop Cup Routine (David Roth): update of 1977 lecture notes routine.
- Cigarette Tear (Jeff McBride): Stand up torn & restored cigarette
- Cigarette Extravaganza (Jeff McBride): cigarette production with rolling paper, flash paper, and more, with a vanish at the end
- The Rainbow Deck (Derek Dingle): Spectator picks card out of blue backed deck. He is told it is a unique backed card, but turns out to be blue backed. All the other cards are now shown to all have unique backs.
- Hands Off (Derek Dingle): a small hand takes a borrowed small coin but leaves a larger coin in its place
- Egg Bag Finale (Tom Mullica): glass and beer production
- One O One (Tom Mullica): Penny and Silver dollar exchange places in spectator's hand. When they protest, they find the penny is the size of the silver dollar. Next the performer's finger penetrates the Silver dollar. Finally, the silver dollar sized penny grows even larger!
- Buster (Michael Weber): Pencil visibly and audibly snaps in two while sitting in a plastic cup
- Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Martin Nash): card gambling demo
- The Face Up Incredible Card Tunnel (Richard Kaufman): Two blank cards turn to two selections as they are tunneled through the deck
- Pinched Again (Richard Kaufman & Piet Forton): two decks of contrasting colors in a variant of Daryl's In The Pinch
- Handkerchief Through Glass (Bob Read): Handkerchief penetrates handle of coffee mug
- Topsy Turvy Finely Finished (Joh Ferrentino): an ending for the Topsy Turvy Bottles using silks
- Poker Challenge (Harry Lorayne): poker deal
- Remarkable (Jay Sankey): production of 3 magic markers
Part II - Guest Contributors
- 1984 (Tom Ogden): four Club cards change to Hearts following a story line of Orwell's 1984, then they all turn back to Club
- Triple Whammy (Doug Bennett): Selected card lost in deck. Joker with missing corner is inserted into deck and finds the selection. Suddenly Joker is found to be intact, and the selection is missing a corner. The corner piece has also changed from matching the Joker to matching the selected card
- Scoop Displacement Coin Vanish (Tom Gagnon): for magician's only coin vanish performed by scooping a coin with a card
- Scoop Displacement Coin Change (Tom Gagnon): as above, but used as a switch
- Coin Nection (Steve Dusheck): coin selection prediction routine using cleverly prepared props
- Piano Concerto (Terry Lagerould): a version of ht Piano Card Trick
- Sans Fronds (Phil Goldstein): a sandwiched selection transposes with a card in the performer's pocket
- Alloy Division (Ben Harris): borrowed coin is torn apart and restored, then repeated but each half is restored to a whole, resulting in two coins
- Cooking With Oil & Water (Ray Kosby): Ray's Oil and Water routine
- Post Hoc Miracle (Ken Krenzel): Spectator thinks of a card in one half the deck, it ends up in the other half of the deck.
- Han Ping Cup Move (Fabian): coin sleight adapted to cups & balls
- The Trick That Never Was (Joe Safuto) cigarette routine combines Chink a Chink, restoration, and a sealed container with a time travel theme
- The Laced Coin (Sol Stone): Chinese coin penetrates string held by spectator
- A Suit With a Future (J.K. Hartman): combo of Jennings' Your Best Suit and Mullica's The Future Spread card routine with Jokers
- Hoover Cards (Michael Gerhardt): Novel routine spectator's card is found inside a toy vacuum cleaner
- Any Reel Locking Reel (Fantasio): How to convert any reel to a locking reel without damage
- Full Value (Roger Klause): two half dollars are extracted from a dollar
- Counting On It (Paul Cummins): spectator names a number and when count, they have counted to their own previously selected card
135 Pages | Hardcover
Community questions about New York Magic Symposium Collection Three
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Review New York Magic Symposium Collection Three