If you've read One Degree, you're probably already having withdrawal symptoms from John Guastaferro's magic. We've got good news; READY, SET, GuastaferrO is John Guastaferro's all-new ebook containing 12 astonishing card effects and we're the only magic shop that is able to offer it.
The ebook can be seen as a continuation of One Degree. The writing style is the same, the magic is equally as powerful and some of the tricks even use items from One Degree as a starting point. It's clear that these are real world card effects from John's working repertoire and we're incredibly impressed with the magic that he shares.
It's rare that a book caters so well to hobbyists and professionals alike, but this ebook really does. As John's magic relies on clever construction over difficult sleights, we're confident that you'll find something of use, regardless of your skill level or performance venue.
1. Invisible Opener - In a game of pretend, imaginary items appear from nowhere, including poker chips, a deck of cards and rubberbands.
2. RWB - The deck changes from red to blue. And in a bit of American patriotism, even the faces vanish for a moment, giving you a complete “red, white, and blue” change.
3. Mr. E. Returns - A card that is used as a magic wand throughout the effect ends up being the signed selection.
4. Spectral - A freely selected card vanishes and reappears in a most mysterious way.
5. Centerfold - A card is predicted, then travels inside a folded note card.
6. Twist of Fate - Using three cards, the future is predicted, then altered.
7. Bound to Triumph- A topsy-turvy shuffled deck that is wrapped with a rubberband manages to unshuffle itself, even while in a spectator’s hands.
8. Untouchable - The audience openly shuffles and cuts the deck with a mixture of cards face up and face down. Without intervention from the performer, the cards straighten themselves.
9. Inside and Out - One selection jumps inside the box; another melts through the box.
10. Triple Pocket Discovery - A pocketed card melts up through the fabric; another card melts into the pocket; and the last card is found using the penetrating power of the mind.
11. Assembly Line - Four audience members each hold a quarter of the deck with a Jack lost in the middle of each, yet all four Jacks assemble on top of one packet.
12. Pickpocket Aces - After the Aces are lost in the deck, one is found in your pocket, two are found in your spectator’s pocket, and the final one stands alone after the entire deck vanishes.
A great collection of card magic that has the Guastaferro stamp of simplicity, structure and surprise.
There are a few pockets of genuinely good thinking in magic scattered around the world. John Guastaferro occupies one of them.
With a cunning combination of new plots, smart methods and clever handlings, John Guastaferro's latest ebook is the perfect glimpse into his repertoire...and mind.
I just tried the opening effect from RSG and it is fabulous. It is going into my program.