The Nine of Diamonds is a book of close up magic, a collaboration between some of the finest magicians in Scotland. Some are known, some are unknown, but all share a passion of close up magic and have bound some of their finest effects together in a beautiful hard backed book.
The book contains a variety of effects, mostly with playing cards.
Some think of it as an unlucky card. Some know it as "the curse of Scotland.” Tarot readers believe it to be the card of bias. It's an image that's used in Coats of Arms which are centuries old.
And to this group of magicians, it's one of the most beautiful cards in the deck.
Sleights and Techniques
- Reguritator Revelation - a novel card revelation
- Touch Reverse - unpublished Jack Parker move for switching and reversing a selected card
- Angled Afterburner - Jason Alford's fantastic control
- Plate Clip Displacement - method to displace a card in a spread on top of a deck to any location in the pack
- FIRP - Gary Goldberg's obscure method of reversing a card during a faro shuffle
- Popout Pass Revelation - a classic pass variation where a card pops out from the side of the deck
- Third Finger Crease Grip - method for replacing breaks held in a small packet
- Fiend Stack - how much can you cram into a stacked deck
- Bart Harding Stack - details on the calculated deck of Bart Harding, courtesy of Alan Shaxon
- Himber Vanish Variation - clean vanish of a coin
OK Show Me Something
- Jack's Departure from the Stage - convincing new approach to 'Point of Departure'
- Amass Aces - a beautifully choreographed collectors routine
- Regurgitator - two cards "barf up" a selection
- Radical Decency - two Jokers visually transform into two selected cards
- Still Smiling - a new handling of a Roy Walton classic
- Frankenstein's Bunny - four beautiful assistants help find a lost pet rabbit
- A Small Price to Pay - a coin trick with three perfect predictions
- Quick n Dirty Three Fly - coins across routine based around a new sleight
- Quick n Dirty Hanging Coins - you'll swear trick coins are used, but not so
- Zen Stack - hailed as the very best stack using Zenner (ESP) Cards
Some Assembly Required
- I Don't Trost You - a spectator deals herself four Aces from a deck shuffled by multiple spectators
- Buckley's Angels - new take on an Arthur Buckley miracle that'll blow your audience away
- Another Flippin' collectors - a technicians approach to the Collectors plot
- Sesame Street - A version of "do as I do" that will leave a lasting memory in the spectators minds
- Lazy Man's Memory Test - astounding performance piece with a deck of cards
- Two Faced Mother FIRPer - a magician fooler that will have them cursing you
- Any Card at Any Number - amaze your fellow magicians, bore your friends!