The Opus Book Test introduces a brand new method for book tests. It allows for a completely hands off presentation, no fishing and no forcing.
Denis Marc Paret has created an ingenious way of divining which word the spectator is thinking of. It uses an “Intelligent Marker”. With this incredible piece of technology, you will be able to perform miracles.
You offer the spectator a choice of two books. A dictionary with over 1000 pages and a well known novel with approximately 300 pages. They name a page number and turn to that page.
With no fishing you can immediately reveal the first word on the page. You can even divine other words on the page which can be buried deep in the text. They can even go to the page before and the page after - you can tell them the same information on those pages too! They can even check the same page in the other book if they want - you can still tell them the word they are thinking of!
It gets even better…
There are two main risks involved performing a book test. 1) The spectator may end up on a blank page. 2) The spectator tells you a page number that is not in the book.
With the “Intelligent Marker” method, you'll know this ahead of time so there is no risk of you being caught out.
What is an “Intelligent Marker”?
- The marker has a digital device built into it which secretly transmits the information to you.
- It can be operated in one hand and the page number can be easily changed.
- The secret device is concealed inside a genuine marker so it can be used in any environment - even close-up!
- It is a functioning marker that you can refill.
- USB Chargeable (the plug socket supplied is European)
The best bit? It's fully guaranteed. If it breaks, we’ll supply you with another.