The Shift - Vol. 3
In stock. Order now — we'll send it first thing Wednesday morning
Ben Earl and Studio52 return with one of the most highly-anticipated books of the year. Taking this beloved series to astounding new heights, The Shift - Vol. 3 is quite possibly Ben's best book to-date!
This is not your standard magic book. Every aspect of The Shift - Vol. 3 was carefully crafted by Ben to offer a timeless resource for magicians that not only showcases powerful and practical magic, but helps stimulate the conversations needed to advance the art of magic. Prepare to dive deep beneath the surface and explore the questions you never even knew you had.
The Shift - Vol. 3 will help you supercharge your close-up magic with 3 unbelievable new effects, 3 practical takes on classic techniques and 3 exclusive theoretical articles that will re-shape how you approach your magic.
- Octopus - A super streamlined handling of Dai Vernon's classic Out of Sight Out of Mind routine that allows you to cleanly produce a playing card that was merely thought of by your spectator.
- Deep Transposition - Two cards impossibly change places in this beautifully constructed and surprising card trick.
- Blue Moon Triumph - A truly impossible triumph routine that allows the spectator to shuffle the deck, think of a card, place the cards back in the box and then put them in their pocket. Despite this incredibly fair procedure, you're able to divine their card and then show that it's the only card facing the opposite way in the deck. Blue Moon Triumph is a true reputation maker for any close-up worker.
- Shuffle Pass - A remarkably subtle pass that is cleverly disguised as an innocent shuffle.
- Advanced Loewy Palm - A super practical and clean palm of a playing card from the top of the deck into your left hand.
- Touch, Think - Ben's signature creativity is on full display with this clever way of creating and controlling a mentally selected playing card.
- Influence and Deception - The 3rd addition to a special series of essays discussing the relationship between magic and deception. Using types of information and research that was once previously only available within UK military and government groups, this essay dives headfirst into anomaly detection and counter-deception.
- Now Shuffle the Deck - This essay analyzes the deceptiveness of card controls and the fundamental importance of shuffling the deck after a selection has been returned.
- The Art of Practice - A poignant discussion of the most practical and functional ways to practice, including improving proprioception, posture and coordination through dedicated balance drills.
While this full-color, hardcover book looks amazing on any bookshelf, it's also been carefully designed to help you learn on-the-go! The Shift - Vol. 3 is a magic book you'll return to time and time again.
Community questions about The Shift - Vol. 3
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Monika asks: Can I read this book even if I did not read volume 1&2, or does it relate to the other editions?
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tony answers: You can read the vol 3, it doesn't relate vol 1 and vol 2
Interested in The Shift - Vol. 3? You may also like:
Less is More
"Benjamin Earl is one of the best cardmen around today. Less is More, is...
Real Deck Switches
Being able to do a great deck switch is essential for any card magician worth...
Ben Earl caused a SENSATION last year when we released his Less is More...
Ben Earl (author of one of our most praised books, Less is More) is back with...
The Shift - Vol. 2
Studio52 has done it again! The Shift #2 is here! This is the second volume in...
Review The Shift - Vol. 3