Double Locked Mystery Box
Trick by The Essel Magic ($34.16 - normally $44.95)
In stock - very few available. Order in the next 7 hours, 52 minutes and it will go out today!
The Magician borrows a ring, coin, or a $100.00 bill (bank note) from someone in the audience. He then asks a volunteer to sign the item with a pen to verify at a later time. The magician then takes the ring (or coin, bank note, etc.) and vanishes it right in from of the audience! He/she then picks up a locked wooden box and hands it to the volunteer. As the box is locked, the magician hands the keys to the volunteer. The volunteer opens the box and finds yet another locked box. The second box is removed by the volunteer and opened. Inside the second locked box is the signed object!
- No stooges!
- Volunteer unlocks and opens both boxes
- Volunteer takes signed item from the box themselves
- Boxes are wooden with brass hinges and locking mechanism
- Easy to perform
Community questions about Double Locked Mystery Box
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Brian asks: That seems remarkably inexpensive for what looks like two nice boxes. Is it as good as it sounds. Are the boxes well made. Seems far too inexpensive.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Mark answers: Just purchased these. They are very nice looking for the price however there is a problem loading the smaller box into the larger when preparing to do the trick. It doesn't fit through the opening without a considerable amount of force. My fear is that it will eventually break. I am looking into shaving about 1/8" off the bottom of the smaller box.
- 2. answers: I'm wondering if you just got a defective set from the manufacturer? I have this same Double Locked Mystery Box set (though I bought it on sale from another dealer) and they work great! I don't have any problems at all with the smaller box fitting in the bigger box (either "setting it up," or after the reveal), or any need to shave the boxes down. They are good quality and a great value for the price, in my opinion.
Frank asks: What is the size of boxes in inches or cm?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The whole package is 5.5 x 4.3 x 4.5 inches, so the larger box ix slightly less than that.
Customer reviews for Double Locked Mystery Box
The boxes are nice looking. However, in order to perform the effect you must set up the boxes with the smaller inserted into the larger through a door that is to small. I had to push with quite a bit of force to get the small box inside. My fear is that after doing this a few times I will eventually break the secret door on the larger box. I am going to try shaving off an 1/8th inch from the bottom of the smaller box. I will then have to stain the shaved off bottom to match the rest of the box. Also if you perform the effect as described there is a noise problem when you place the borrowed item in the box. It would be good to cushion the sides of the smaller box to reduce this. All in all I think it is a nice effect but be prepared to fix these problems once you purchase it.