Michael Skinner was one of the best close-up magicians in the world and his professional repertoire was considered the largest and most versatile in the business. This DVD series features performances and explanations to many of his best routines.
These are the routines Michael Skinner used to fool and entertain the patrons of the Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas where he was the resident magician for more than twenty years. You will not find better-constructed and choreographed magic anywhere.
Michael's attention to detail and superb routining made just about every effect he performed a showstopper. These commercial and reputation-making effects will inspire you to become a professional. You will be proud to add any of these routines to your working repertoire.
Routines performed and explained:
- The Vanishing Matches: An impossible looking routine where three matches vanish and then reappear.
- Slow-Motion Coin Vanish: An amazing looking vanish of a coin where it appars to be completely gone before being reproduced.
- Little Pennies: Two half-dollars and two English pennies jump from hand to hand with a surprising finale where the large pennies change to the much smaller American pennies.
- Dropping The Aces: Four aces are displayed and three cards are placed on top of each. Surprisingly all four aces completely vanish and are found in the deck using four different revelations.
- Innocent Bystander: An ace is placed inside the card box and four kings are placed on the table. A signed selection is lost in the deck while the four kings are used to find the selection. Amazingly the selection is later found in the card case where the Ace just was.
- Twisting The Aces: Four aces magically turn face up and face down in this multiphase routine where they turn singly and in groups concluding by reversing themselves while in the center of the deck.
- Perceptive Deception: An odd backed card is added to a small packet. The spectator selects one card while the packet is face up. When she checks, the back is ordinary but when the rest of the cards are turned over they are seen to all have odd backs.
- Stabbed In The Pack: A card is peeked at and lost in the deck. A second card is tossed into the deck face up and the card next to it turns out to be the selection.
- Gold Medal: A card is selected and lost in the deck. A spectator hands you a packet from the deck and when you sort through the cards, eliminating them in groups, you are left with one card and it is the selection.
Techniques demonstrated within routines:
Thumb Palm, Top Card Turnover, Secret Transfer, Pop Double Lift, Mechanical Reverse, Christ Twist, Slip Shuffle, One Hand Bottom, Unit Control and much more.