The Symbook Book Test
Pepe Monfort's "Symbook Book Test" offers an innovative and powerful method for performing an extraordinary telepathic experience with one or several spectators under impossible conditions. You'll be able to divine a thought-of word or image as if you really had supernatural powers
"One of the best book tests I have ever seen." Jorge Blass
This novel effect has been used for over 30 years by some of Spain's greatest mentalists. Now, for the first time ever, Gkaps is making it available to magicians and mentalists around the world.
An overview of the "Symbook Book Test":
- The spectator takes the book and opens it freely to whatever page they'd like
- The spectator freely thinks of whatever word they like
- You are able to divine the thought-of word as if you had real telepathic powers
There are multiple ways to present this mind-blowing experience:
- A CLASSIC BOOK TEST in which the spectator holds the book, opens it to any page and makes a free choice of a word from any line.
- A THOUGHT DRAWING EXPERIMENT in which the spectator freely opens the book to a page and imagines something they find within the text. You are then able to draw the image they are merely thinking of .
- A FOUR SPECTATOR TELEPATHY ROUTINE in which four audience members think of something from the book. This self-working miracle allows you to simultaneously capture the thoughts of all four spectators.
"Symbook Book Test" is super easy to use and is guaranteed to get huge reactions.
"Wow! Magicians are very lucky....Very, very clear and strong effect." Dani DaOrtiz
"I was totally fooled. I didn't have a clue. I lost all my hair THINKING how this could be possible." Jandro
"Direct, clear and absolutely impossible!" Nacho Diago
Review The Symbook Book Test
Community questions about The Symbook Book Test
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Mariano asks: Are there any demos? It's really hard to decide on a purchase sight unseen. I can't find any demos, reviews, or online discussion. Do you have any more information at all on this product? Thanks.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tom answers: Agreed. While I respect those in the magic community endorsing something, we all know there are usually financial motivations for that. I would like to see specifically how this is different than other book tests. Is it the “any word choice” concept? Is it that there is no fishing? Are there performances?
- 2. Mike answers: I would leave a review, but I bought mine from Alakazam, so I can’t leave one here. It’s pretty awesome.
1: You give the book out.
2. They go to any page.
3. They look at any position on the page
4. They find a word. (note: try not to let them roam the page too much. Get in, find the word, get out)
5. You do ask questions, as this is not a miracle. You don’t know what they are looking at.
6. You never ask for a page or a letter.
7. Answers are always positive. The first time you get a negative, a clarifying question brings it to a positive. So even the one time you don’t seem to get it right, it feels like you were right. And they will think you were always right. I would give an example, but that might be considered exposure.
The one disadvantage of it is that if they tried to read it, they might notice something and if they read it carefully. it won’t make a lot of sense. But the back cover does say this is an avant-garde post modern collection of short stories, so some of the strangeness of the book is covered that way. I just push people to be quick. Use a convincer first: “As I flip through this book, do the pages appear to be the exact same?” Give them direct instructions. Open any page, look at any spot, find the first word….close the book.
Hopefully I didn’t say too much. Erase it if I did.