Three Pieces of Silver

By Rune Klan
$29.95 In stock. Order now — we'll send it first thing Monday morning
Customer rating:
Add to wishlist

Get 300 VI Points for this purchase.

Three Pieces of Silver

29.95 usd

DVD or download by Rune Klan ($29.95)

In stock. Order now — we'll send it first thing Monday morning
Three Pieces of Silver - magic

Rune Klan has become a public sensation for his comedy magic, but before that he was recognized by magicians as an exemplary coin technician. In 1998, a young Danish Rune Klan surfaced with a collection of coin effects unlike any that preceded it. The rules were simple: Rune used no gaffs, and seemingly only three coins. Yet with the simplest of props, he did inexplicable and visual coin tricks. 

This collection contains revolutionary coin magic as difficult as it is amazing. If you're looking for a challenge and a reward, look no further.

This DVD almost wasn't. The master copy was destroyed in a fire, and the footage has been out of print for nearly a decade. Recently rediscovered and recaptured from VHS, Vanishing Inc. Magic is proud to make this neo-classic available again.*

"This [DVD] has it all: excellent material, performances, explanations, and production values. If you're a coin man looking for interesting and challenging commercial routines, do not pass this by! Highly recommended." -Michael Close

*As a result of the destroyed masters, the quality of this footage is comparable to VHS.  


Customer reviews for Three Pieces of Silver




Dr. Joaquin M.

As a coin specialist, this is one of my favorite DVDs available, and just think - it almost did not exist. I am sure Rune could have reconstructed this DVD because I still see him performing the effects and routines on this DVD today, but it would not quite have been the same.

If you are a serious coin worker, this is one of those must-have DVDs. 95% of my work is done with sleight-of-hand (I always follow the rule that if it can be done and made to look as good/magical without gaffs, stick with that, but the other 5% of work I do uses gaffs where it looks better), and I really love the routines and effects on this DVD because you can actually borrow the coins required to do most of them. You do not have to use half dollars or even silver coins for that matter - clad coins of any sort and even quarters will suffice. It is simple, direct and very clean.

It is not simple in the way of skill level - this is not meant for beginning coin workers but rather for those with more intermediate to advanced skills in coin work. Some of the sleights will take a fair amount of practice to get them down smoothly, but it is all very much worth it.

Another product I would highly recommend to the serious coin student.



Love it! Rune is a god! A coin god!



Although the video is a little grainy and dated, the effects are not. Some really great routines and explanations on coin handling. Love it. Only recently discovered Rune he is quickly becoming one of my favourite performer's.


Community questions about Three Pieces of Silver

Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.

  • Kevin asks: Please can you provide a download version?

    • 1. Tony answers: Please email to for this kind of question
    Post an answer to this question
  • Alexander asks: Do any of the routines require gaffs?

    • 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: No. These routines are gaffless.
    • 2. Alexander answers: Great that makes me happy. Thanks! I hope this is back in stock soon.
  • Steve asks: What is the recording quality of the video?

    • 1. Tony answers: It looks like an old VHS video, like L&L video
    Post an answer to this question
  • Mike asks: Does rune Klang teach this or Joshua Jay. Also does it need any extra pieces. Or it's diy

    • 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: It's all taught by Rune, Josh is just a big fan. There's no DIY, just sleight of hand.
Ask a question