"Entwined Vol.1: Summer Playing Cards" is the first of four decks of cards in a special series based on the ballet of nature and the freedom of spirit.
After the success of Alis Luminis, Old Gravity Printing, along with artist Ritu Bhattacharya, has spent more than a year producing this ornate and artistic deck of custom playing cards.
This first release features a special tuck box design that will attach to the other three tuck boxes in the set. This continuous design will feature the tree of life, with each season holding a part of the design and each season depicted by leaves shaped in the form of each custom pip for that particular deck of cards.
Two variations of "Entwined Volume 1 Summer Playing Cards" are available:
"Entwined Summer Rose Playing Cards": Bluish gray card stock, dual-foiled with rose gold and metallic cyan.
"Entwined Summer Gold Playing Cards": Oceanic green card stock, dual-foiled with metallic gold and metallic cyan.
The Tuck Boxes
The tuck box is intricately designed, with beautiful embossing throughout. Sourced from 2 card stocks, the two editions of our deck, Summer Gold and Summer Rose are dual-foiled with a rich metallic-gold or rose-gold base, coupled with a beautiful blue foiling, a homage to the enriching power of the warmer days.
- Premium Italian colored cardstock
- All sides embossed with beautiful motifs.
- All sides hot press dual-foiled.
- Inner foiling
- Design will connect across all four volumes of the set
The Face Cards
Each card has been meticulously hand-drawn by the artist, taking inspiration from ballet, and then entwining it with nature. The face cards have a warm palette, expressing the warmth of summer, and its rejuvenating heat. Each dancer is coupled with the grace of an animal or bird symbolizing the symbiosis between the soul and nature's spirit.
- Metallic gold or Rose gold foiled card back with a beautiful swan design.
- 54 artistically designed face cards with metallic ink rim.
- Printed by NPCC in 310 gsm Premium German Linen Card Stock.
- Fulfillment and shipping done by NPCC worldwide with individual tracking numbers.
- Every face card is digitally hand-drawn by the artist including Aces and Jokers.
- Unique custom pips for each deck.
- Unique number card layout for each suit.
The Number Cards
Ritu, the artist envisioned each number card suit as leaves on a branch. Each denomination increasing the number of leaves against four beautiful summer landscapes. She also designed each pip based on a leaf, the ginkgo leaf for the heart, the pipal leaf for the spades, the oak leaf for the diamonds, and the maple leaf for the clubs. On the front of the coin, the symbol of the deck, the golden swan adorns the face. The ballet dancer, which will change for each season graces the back against a rich red varnished backdrop.