Entwined - Vol. 2: Fall is the second of the four-deck series based on the ballet of nature and the freedom of spirit.
After the success of Alis Luminis and Entwined- Vol.1: Summer, OLD GRAVITY along with artist, Ritu Bhattacharya has worked hard over the last few months in producing this ornate and artistic deck.
The Tuck Boxes
The tuck box is intricately designed, with beautiful embossing throughout. Sourced from 2 card stocks, the two editions of our deck, Fall Gold and Fall Rose are dual-foiled with a rich metallic-orange gold or rose-gold base, coupled with a beautiful blue foiling, a homage to the enriching power of the autumn days.
Features of the tuck box:
- Printing and Fulfilment by NPCC- Noir Arts
- Premium Italian colored cardstock
- In two variations: Fall Gold and Fall Rose
Fall Gold: Pearl Copperplate card stock, dual-foiled with metallic orange-gold and metallic cyan.
Fall Rose: Pearl Misty Rose card stock, dual-foiled with rose-gold and metallic cyan.
- All sides embossed with beautiful motifs.
- All sides hot press dual-foiled.
- Connected tuck box design across four volumes. The Four Volumes
Fall is the colorful season of change. With each season every deck would showcase the changes in nature and its beauty. Summer was the beginning, then here is fall the season of transformation, winter the snowy grace, spring would bring it full circle in rebirth.
The tuck boxes will be a set, connected by a continuous design - The tree of life, with each season holding a part of the design and each season depicted by leaves shaped in the form of each custom pip of our card deck.
The Entwined Cards
The graceful swan mythically has been said to have the power to separate milk from water or the divine nectar or wisdom from ignorance, and it is the symbol of our deck. It is richly ornate with foil, giving a precious look to each and every card.
Features of the cards:
- Metallic orange-gold or Silver foiled card back with a beautiful swan design.
- 54 artistically designed face cards with metallic ink rim.
- Printed by NPCC in 310 gsm Premium German Linen Card Stock.
- Every face card is digitally hand-drawn by the artist including Aces and Jokers.
- Unique custom pips for each deck.
- Unique number card layout for each suit.Each card has been meticulously hand-drawn by the artist, taking inspiration from ballet, and then entwining it with nature. The face cards have tried to capture the splendor of Autumn when everything turns scarlet and gold. Each dancer is coupled with the grace of an animal or bird symbolizing the symbiosis between the soul and nature's spirit.
There in the silence, the wind splashes through leaves. The barks creak. I tiptoe through the foliage not to interrupt the spirits. Outside, the force splashes across my face, my heart exploding in an eternal whisper.
The heat seeded this land, my feet feel its gentle cracks as its tale journeys across millennia down into the chasms of this world. I plunge deep into the soil. The grass around rejoices in the next coming. A sapling grows around my feet. Someday it shall shade my children as they play across this heartland.
The table has been barren for months. I stare beyond the window, awaiting his return. Yesterday the dampness grew deep, moss fragrant spoke eternities of wait. The door silently creaks, as my bosom heaves in anticipation. A gentle hand touches my existence. I fall to the embrace, as rainbows bake heat deep within my memories.
A sapling took its root. It shaded a small child as it played with flowers, blowing seeds to the wind beyond the horizon. A grove shaded friends, as they toiled under the heat, breaking soil and sweat, deepening its purpose, the reason for being. A forest shaded a millennia or more, driving stones to madness, taming rivers in its wake, giving breath to the untamed. A flower shaded grace, as harmony was the beginning of all that was to become.
First, there was the fall, a reminder of the grandeur or power that humbles. Begin, small steps. Then there was patience, the long night lingered, hope flickered, dawn unseen beyond the unending horizon. Then there was grace, small buds restoring mirth, as the heat slowly baked tales, youth, becoming wonder. Then, at last, came the journey, expanse, the horizon's gate, I begin, small steps.
Nature Number Cards
Ritu, the artist envisioned each number card suit as leaves on a branch. Each denomination increasing the number of leaves falling across four beautiful fall landscapes.
She also designed each pip based on a leaf, the ginkgo leaf for the heart, the pipal leaf for the spades, the oak leaf for the diamonds, and the maple leaf for the clubs.
Metalic Custom Seal
The seal is a beautiful compliment to our deck. We are creating two variants of the seal in its respective deck foil color.