Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic 1 - 4
All 4 DVDs for $139.80 - SAVE $-5.00 | Also available individually
In stock Order now — we'll send it first thing Tuesday morning
"I have learned more from John Thompson than from any other source in the world. Now you, too, can learn from the master!" -Lance Burton
At Vanishing Inc Magic we don’t like to tell you what to do. How you learn is your business. But with all the crap out there today, it’s easy to get distracted. This DVD set is the closest you will ever come to a private lesson with a MASTER and LEGEND. Johnny Thompson is from a different time in magic. He rubbed elbows with Vernon, Marlo, Miller, and all the greats, and in many cases, the magic he displays here is the clearest glimpse of their best gems.
If you could study with ANY MAGICIAN ON THE PLANET, Johnny Thompson should be at the top of your list. He is a master of stage and close-up, of presentation and technique. And in these four volumes, he tips EVERYTHING. It’s that rare case of watching these DVDs and improving your magic JUST BY WATCHING THEM. This set has our highest recommendation.
Also available individually as hard copy or downloads:
Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic #1
- Balls & Net (Silent Mora - Dai Vernon) - Johnny explains the current thinking behind this classic effect.
- Coins Through Table (Al Baker) - A compilation of Baker, Vernon and Slydini.
- Han Ping Chien Coin Trick(Han Ping Chien) - Johnny describes a palms-up version of the Chinese classic.
- Winged Silver (Dai Vernon) - The Professor's method for the classic Coins Across.
- Copper & Silver Transposition(Dai Vernon) - Vernon's handling of this classic is completely explained.
- Vanishing Glass (Glass Through Table) (Max Matini) - The Malini routine is combined with a clever T. Nelson Downs subtlety.
- Benson's Bowl Routine (Roy Benson) - Benson's version of the classic Cups and Balls.
- Matching the Cards (Leipzig's Opener) (Dai Vernon) - Exactly as presented by the Professor.
- Automatic Aces (Birds of a Feather) (Hofzinser) - Thompson's routine for the classic commonly referred to as MacDonald's Aces.
Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic #2
- The Travelers - Card in Envelope (Dai Vernon - Paul Le Paul) - Vernon's handling, completely explained.
- Triumph (Dai Vernon) - A demonstration of the Strip-Out Shuffle method that the Professor actually used when he performed the effect.
- The Endless Chain (George Blake) - A three-phase routine based on material from the Blake manuscript.
- Vernon Poker Deal (Dai Vernon) - The routine includes an explanation of the Zarrow Shuffle.
- Chink-A-Chink (Max Malini) - Malini's routine fully explained.
- The Cap & Pence (Nate Leipzig) - Classic rendition of Leipzig's Pride.
- Mental Card Miracle (Princess Card Trick) (Harry Harper/Dai Vernon) - A full description of the Jacob Daley version of this classic.
Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic #3
- The Biddle Trick (Eimer Biddle / Alex Elmsley / Ed Marlo) - A routine and handling based on the original Biddle effect.
- Malini Card Stab (Max Malini) - A quick and
direct method for the Malini classic that is performed on a working
surface that can be found in just about everybody's home.
- Koran Medallion (Al Koran) - The Medallion remains in full view throughout the entire presentation.
- Heads Up - A mental effect utilizing borrowed coins.
- Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind(Dai Vernon) - The Professor's classic mental card mystery.
- Phantom Cigarette (Manuel) - Manuel, Master of the Mighty Dollar's technique for this classic cigarette effect is fully described.
- Hanky Panky (Emil Jarrow) - Jarrow's impromptu Solid-Through-Solid routine.
- Spellbound (Dai Vernon) - Vernon's classic routine with some additions.
- Presto Chango (Thomas Beardon) - A highly
commercial walk-around routine that ends with a very clean,
in-their-hands version of the Copper & Silver transformation.
- Coin In Bottle - Thompson's routine for this classic is loaded with subtleties.
- 3 Ball Routine (John Scarne / Oscar Pladic) - As taught to John by Oscar Pladic.
- No Body Load Livestock Production (Tony Marks) - The best non-body load production ever devised.
Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic #4
- Cups & Balls (Malini / Miller / Gayot / Bosco / Vernon / Daley) - Johnny performs and explains his entire routine.
- Cutting The Aces (Dai Vernon) - The Professor's story-themed classic.
- Color Changing Knife - Thompson's routine is simple, direct and concludes with an unexpected third color change.
- Color Changing Deck (Henry Christ / Paul Curry) - A complete explanation of Paul Curry's commercial routine for the Christ classic.
- In-Depth Interview With Michael Ammar - Michael Ammar conducts an in-depth interview with Johnny Thompson.
- Plus Hear stories about Charlie Miller, Dai Vernon, Max Malini and nights at the Castle. Johnny shares his advice on how to be a good magician.
Community questions about Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic 1 - 4
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Interested in Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic 1 - 4? You may also like:
Brett Bishop is about to fool you by making his finger turn invisible as he...
East Meets West
Ken Niinuma is one of Japan’s rising stars, and we’re pleased to...
Talk About Tricks
Joshua Jay has penned a popular trick tutorial column in MAGIC magazine for...
Review Johnny Thompson's Commercial Magic 1 - 4