A master of theatrical magic (he literally wrote the book on Theatrical Close Up Magic), Peter Samelson brings a fresh, artful perspective to the Vanishing Inc. Masterclass Series. This incredible download features more than 6 hours of amazing close up magic and stage-and-parlor-magic from one of magic's most respected performers.
The "Peter Samelson Masterclass" is more than just a chance to expand your repertoire. It's an amazing opportunity to deepen your understanding of the craft of magic.
Equally amazing on stage as he is close up, Peter covers the signature routines from his repertoire that have earned him an international reputation and made him a staple in the iconic New York magic scene. The level of precision and detail in his work is awe-inspiring, and his creative takes on both classics of magic and lesser-known effects will captivate any magician.
Enjoy some of Peter's most beloved effects, as well as new unreleased material. Beyond learning the complete routines, you'll also gain an understanding of the principles of what works and why. You'll walk away with the tools needed to craft powerful magic presentations. There is something for all skill levels and everything taught is real-world, field-tested magic forged during thousands of hours of paid performances.
This unique learning experience takes place across three downloads, each covering a different topic. Each download is accompanied by a supplemental learning eBook that offers written explanations and further insights. There is also a special bonus 4th video featuring a Zoom Q&A session with Peter. Recorded live for members of Vanishing Inc. Monthly, this amazing download is both a look back at the key points from the first three lessons and it's own unique mini lesson.
Part 1: Crazy Playing Cards
- NY Transpo (internet challenges and how this twist on a classic overcomes exposure)
- Body Snatchers (Classic presentation with Walter Cummings Mexican Turnover
- Body Snatchers 2020 (Updated handling and kicker ending as seen on Penn & Teller: Fool Us)
- Bonus: Church of the Amazing Spectacles (X-Ray vision and ACAAN)
Part 2: Polished Parlor, Simply Silver
- Mimetic Slo-Mo
- Linking Finger Rings
- Ring and Rope from Theatrical Close Up that leads to ...
- Ring in Box (very clean climax to the above or as a stand alone piece)
- Bonus: The LoveLocks (a bunch of keys, a ring and romance)
Part 3: Crafting Stage Craft
- Heartstrings (magic and Impact in the Gypsy Thread)
- The Phoenix (virtually perfect)
- Kids' toys and 4-sided Crackerjacks
- Bonus: Snow Globe (the routine that began the flurry of Snowstorm routines)