Appear on Fool Us
By Vanishing Inc. - Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Think you have what it takes to fool Penn & Teller? Well, we've got some great news: now is a perfect opportunity! Casting for Season 8 is now open.
What makes the perfect pitch video? Here are our suggestions to give yourself the best opportunity of standing out:
- Include a full performance. No cuts or edits. If you have a video filmed in front of an audience, that's best. But if not, perform straight to camera in a well-lit room.
- Get to the magic quickly — think about what you'd want to see on television.
- Think about visual images. Piff's unusual costume and Andi Gladwin's balloon stood out on the show because they were so unusual.
- Consider your presentation. Joshua Jay's Out of Sight stood out because he intertwined an intriguing story with a very deceptive effect.
- Send something original. The producers want tricks that will make you stand out.
- Create your own material; don't submit marketed or published effects.
- While the aim of the show is to fool Penn & Teller, the most important thing is that you entertain them. So make your routine visual, fun, and deceptive!
To apply, send a video of your act to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to blog homepage
Similar posts on the blog: