Book by Eugene Burger ($38.00 - normally $50.00)
Email me if it becomes available again.
If you've ever wondered what kinds of things went on at spirit seances during their 19th Century heyday, this amazing performance will illuminate some of those mysteries - and leave you puzzling over how the mediums did it.
The history of seances, essays on seance performance, 6 close-up effects with spirit themes, Eugene's own seance Hauntings, interviews with Tony Andruzzi and Max Maven, a reprint of the complete Sylvestre catalog of spirit paraphernalia from 1901, plus an annotated bibliography.
Table of Contents:
Part One: Setting the Stage
- First Words
- Point of Departure
- Spirit Theater
- Seances for Fun and Profit
Part Two: Ghostly Visitors in the Nineteenth Century
- Mesmer, Imagination and Suggestion
- The Summer-Land "One of the Great Points of Psychic Evolution"
- Manifestations from Beyond the Grave
- A Shooting Star
- Master Mediums
Part Three: Performance
- Character and Claims The Man of Mystery: A Conversation with Tony Andruzzi
- Building a Better Performance
- A Central Principle
- Seance Presenation: A Conversation with Max Maven
- The Dark Room
- Hauntings: A Conversation with Eugene Burger
- Spirit Theater for the Close-Up Entertainer
Part Four: Wanderings in the Spirit Field
- Last Words
Pages 192 - Hard Bound
Community questions about Spirit Theater
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question