David Regal's incredible contribution to one of the strongest magic effects you can perform.
Few effects elicit a response like the Linking Finger Rings. There is a reason it has been performed by countless professional magicians around the world for decades. And now you can get everything you need to perform it in one gorgeous box set.
The Linking Finger Rings effect was invented around 1960 by Persi Diaconis and then popularized by Richard Himber. You borrow three rings from the audience, link them together and then unlink them again before returning them to their owners. What makes it feel like real magic is the fact that the audience members each confirm that their ring is linked with the others.
A variety of different gimmicks have been made in the past, but they weren't always made for this exact routine. David Regal's preferred gimmick was designed exclusively for performing this classic effect. It offers everything you'd want in a Linking Finger Ring gimmick:
- Silent operation
- Can be used one-handed
- No awkward "fiddling" required
- Instant knowledge of orientation
In then goes even further...
The "Regal Rings" are exceptional quality unlike anything else you'd find on the market. They sold for $100s for years. But now, thanks to a new precise manufacturing process, they are better than ever and can be offered at a cost significantly cheaper than previous versions.
In addition to the reduced price, the new "Regal Rings" offer many key improvements:
- The rings are not only gold-plated, they are put through an enameling process that darkens the engraved area so that in any performing situation one can instantly tell how to orient the gimmick.
- The special magnetic-closure designed has been completely re-engineered to be more durable
- The "working area" of the gimmick has been enhanced and expanded to make it easier than ever to handle
Each "Regal Rings" set comes with:
- David Regal's newly-designed Himber gimmick.
- A matching un-gimmicked ring
- A matching locking ring (classic method)
- Gimmicks for performing the astounding Koran climax in which two linked rings hang from a pencil, one visibly unlinks, falling into the open palm before being returned to the owner without any switching needed
- A pencil
- Video instruction
It's important to note that the standard David Regal routine only uses the one main gimmick. However, the other rings are included to ensure it is a complete set that offers everything a magician might need to perform whichever version they desire.