We're pleased to announce your November 2020 Masterclass: Live instructor...David Regal. What makes David an ideal instructor is his multifaceted showbiz background. David began in the New York improv comedy scene, and transitioned into a storied career writing for stage and screen. He has written for some of the top shows and films of the last twenty years. Simultaneously, David has released four enormous book collections of original magic, a series of DVDs, and a near-constant stream of hit tricks. He is, perhaps, the most prolific creator in magic today. This confluence of comedy, writing, and magic makes him an ideal candidate to share with us the real secrets of magic.
David will take us through three detailed lessons in magic, and he'll impart theory and wisdom, but ALWAYS through practical, fun, original effects. There will be MANY tricks for close-up and parlor taught in full, and ready to be inserted into your repertoire. We'll see you there...in November.
Week One (1st November 2020)
- A Pretty Vanish (Unpublished)
- Introduction/The Asset We Ignore
- How to Fail a Test that Has No Wrong Answer
- Interpreting Magic
- What’s Happening?
- Not Quite Dead
- Follow the Leader Assembly (Not currently published)
- You & Me
- Magic & Improvisation
- Applying the Rules of Life
- All’s Fair
- Origami Bill Switch 2020 (Unpublished handling)
- The Puppy Trick
- The Harshest (and best) Criticism I ever Received
Week Two (8th November 2020)
- Joe Puzzle (Not currently published)
- Something is Better Than Nothing
- The Opposite of a Card Trick (Exclusive - never before published on video)
- Flying Over Washington (Exclusive - never before published on video)
- Method and Effect
- Self-Evident (Exclusive - never before published on video)
- David’s Bottle
- Hamman’s Child (Exclusive - never before published on video)
Week Three (15th November 2020)
- A Cup
- Sleights or Gimmicks?
- The Relocation Control (Unpublished)
- Prophesy Pack
- All Magic is Written
- Glass & Gold (Exclusive - never before published on video)
- Tool + Premise + Plot =
- Change for a Five
- Magic is Alive
- Departure Point
- The Magician’s Attic (Unpublished)
- The Absolutely Necessary Skill No One Talks About
- Is Magic Frivolous?
- Summation/What Magic Does