Out of Sight
DVD & props by Joshua Jay ($74.99)
In stock. Order in the next 5 hours, 19 minutes and it will go out today!
For months--ever since Joshua Jay fooled Penn & Teller with "Out of Sight," customers have been emailing us every day, asking when it will finally be ready. Friends, we have news for you. It's ready!
The reason it took so long is that each deck takes nearly an hour to craft, by hand. All the cards are custom-printed, and the deck allows someone to think of ANY card in a deck. You tell them what card they thought of, you find their card, and ALL THE OTHER CARDS ARE BLANK.
Rarely does an effect come about that has a logical, intriguing presentation woven into the magic itself. In "Out of Sight" you explore what it would be like to perform magic for a blind person.
The effect is also ENTIRELY self-working. As in, there is not a single move in the entire routine. Once you understand how the deck works, the effect performs itself. You're just there to present it.
Community questions about Out of Sight
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
One asks: Does this set need any extra card? Do we need to have separate blank or normal Phoenix deck?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You receive everything you need.
Carl asks: Are refills available? I want another deck with out having to buy the trick again. Because of the nature of the cards I’ve already damaged mine. I think that releasing the deck won’t expose the method of the trick.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The cost of producing a trick like Out of Sight is all in the deck. Therefore, refill decks just aren't economical at this stage, I'm afraid. But we continue to look at ways to make them available.
Peter asks: Can the gimmick break? And how long lasting is it?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: It's a gimmicked deck of cards, so will last a long time if you treat it with love, care, and respect.
Glenn asks: Is the deck bicycle or something else??
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The deck is Phoenix back.
HJ Skip asks: How involved is the reset and can it be performed for a second person in a group once reset?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The reset is quick and easy. You could perform it with 20 or so seconds reset.
Dustin asks: i wear glasses can i still do this with taking them off to put on blindfold
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: Josh talks about performing with glasses in a second video, which is included in your purchase.
- 2. Paul answers: There is certainly a way to do it truly blinded.
Euan asks: Can the deck be freely examined after you show the whole deck is blank?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You can allow some of the cards to be examined. The examination of the rest of the deck is implied.
- 2. Simon answers: But, when performing for Penn & Teller, he gave the entire deck to the spectator at the end which seemed to imply that all the cards could be examined.
Stanley asks: Where can I get blank double deckers?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: They are custom printed for Out of Sight, and are not available otherwise.
David asks: Do these come in standard index? Is large index available for this?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: Standard index.
Yoel asks: Is this a difficult trick for a beginner or novice
Post an answer to this question
- 1. James answers: I would not recommend it for s complete beginner or novice.
- 2. Adam answers: I’m answering to simon, if you watch the penn and teller performance again you will see that Joshua manages the spectators perfectly, and at the end he hands them a feed cards from and some from bottom, what I’m saying is as long as you manage and controls spectators and give them a few cards to touch at the end the rest of the pack is forgotten and they will think they’ve examined everything??
- 3. Andrew answers: Hi. I've just received my purchase of Out of Sight. I wear glasses and bought this trick due to an answer here saying that this is explained in a second video - I can't find the second video lol. Can you put me in the right direction please. Thanks
Ben asks: How difficult is this trick to perform? I am half way through Card College volume 1 to give you a rough indicator of my current ability.
I don't want to buy a trick that I am not ready for, but I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get it either.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: As long as you practice it you should be fine. There are no difficult sleights in this, it's mainly down to the way you present it and the instructions you give your spectator.
Jeffrey asks: Can the deck be examine at the end of trick.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: When performed properly, no one asks to examine the deck at the end.
Yves asks: Is there an online access to the video or is it only DVD?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: It is online.
Daniel asks: I formerly performed magic (SAM Assembly 69) but due to a series of injuries in the Army, I stopped practicing/performing. I would like to get back into magic. Unfortunately, I have had to have both of my thumbs rebuilt and my ability to do sleight of hand is in the range of difficult to impossible. The trick looks amazing but how difficult is the sleight of hand involved in performing since no deck switch is used?.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: This trick is almost self-working
- 2. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: This trick is almost self-working
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: This trick is almost self-working
Konrad asks: Is there a handling for Out Of Sight that does not require a blindfold?
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tony answers: There is handling for people wearing glass without the blindfold
Cory asks: Can this be done genuinely blindfolded?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The blindfold supplied is a regular blindfold.
Riddhipratim asks: Do I need to buy any regular/normal Phoenix back deck separately?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: No need to buy a regular Phoenix deck because you receive everything you need to perform the effect.
Mark asks: Hi - Can you perform this for a single spectator or would the trick not make sense that way?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You can totally perform this one-on-one. They'll be very impressed.
Robert J asks: Can a different card be chosen or is it the same card for table hopping?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: Your spectators can select different cards
Interested in Out of Sight? You may also like:
"This can be done sitting, standing, leaning, with eyes open or closed, drunk...
Angelo Carbone is one of our industry's most clever inventors. With us, he has...
Special Offer: When you buy Phase, you will also get access to a bonus download...
Bluff Shift Bundle
Joshua Jay is a master of the elusive, seldom-used Bluff Shift, and in this...
Customer reviews for Out of Sight
I watched Josh fool Penn and Teller on TV and I had seen his teaching of this on his UNREAL DVD set. So I was delighted to be able to buy an advance copy of this trick at Session 16 in January. It is everything the ad says it is. A fantastic product that I recommend with enthusiasm.
There is not a rating that can go with this trick! Buy it, it will be worth it!
I picked this up at Magi-Fest earlier this year and it is by far one of the best tricks in my repertoire. It is simple but powerful. I absolutely love it.
From the very best mind this young man has gone into the art with an open mind now you can get see some thing cool that got use think how did he do it! Now you can rock the room too.. This been a long time coming and now he has it just right and perhaps even the best think of any card that the world has ever seen be for David vernon stared the road but Joshua Jay have ended up with some thing that is highly effective for any one well designed and family fun this what being a magician master means!
Wow! Just wow! Having performed professionally as a trade show magician, close up magician and corporate speaker for more than 35 years, I thought I knew how to use magic to tell a compelling story. Joshua took me to school with this beautiful effect. If you're a hobbyist, this will improve your magic and scripting. If you're a pro, this is GOLD. It's going right into my new one-man show. Thank you SO much for sharing this and props to Christian for the incredible deck!
Very nice package
Presentation and method was perfect
Out of Sight is powerful because of the magic and the emotion. I got mine yesterday (via Card Shark) and performed it a few hours later. I present it as a way for all people to enjoy - including those that might be blind or deaf. I am one who is hard of hearing in one ear and had a cornea transplant in one eye. So, I've spent a lot of time in hospital clinics. Well, this is my set up! I talk about watching all the patients in the waiting rooms... and wondering how many of them who can't see or hear could enjoy magic...etc. I present Out of Sight with the recurring lines of "don't talk and I won't look" etc. Getting the spectator's card is when they think the trick is over... then you knock em out with the ending of all blanks! Please limit this to a set number of decks sold (LOL). I can't believe Joshua released this to the public! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Greatest trick yet. Fools everyone. You have to by this.
amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Deck is real smooth, Great job card shark, in this tutorial video includes all the details about the deck and specially how to perform it, thank you very much Josh.
I just bought the effect yesterday, and viewed the online tutorial today. I love the method to this effect. I actually just wanted to buy the deck, because his October 2016 At The Table teaches the effect. But Overall, the $49.99 value, you should totally get it! Before the price is increased. So come on and buy the trick, it's all worth the money.
I was inspired to buy this effect because of Josh's appreance on Fool Us. The effect was so clean, so good. When I learned how the effect was done, I was baffled even more!! I showed Josh's performance to my friends, they were also fooled.
I really hope my order would come ASAP, so I can perform and baffle my friends????
Totally worth it! The money and time.
I believe that whatever I wrote is how I feel just waiting for the package Hahaha!
This is great well worth the money.
Joshua, this is amazing. This is one of the greatest cardtrick.
Just totally worth it - so so easy to perform (I take the blindfold off a lot earlier than Joshua does, and, the trick still kills)
I do this with glasses, so no blind fold, and it is still brilliant! Sometimes I don't even get them to count out the cards, I just say, 'What was the card you thought of?' as if I'm having difficulty 'reading' them. Of course, when theirs is the only card in a blank deck, it blows their minds.
Love this trick. I don't use the method taught in the tutorial. I use 3 audience members to:
1. Pick a number
2. Choose red or black
3. Choose the suit
Then give them the option to change.
It blows their minds every time that their card is the only card in the deck
I never really do reviews for anything but this deserved one for sure. I opened up the trick and looked at it and was curious because I couldn’t even see the “secret”. Then I watched the video and learned that it was in front of me the whole time. So well constructed and it is a very nice routine. I will definitely bring this to my next parlor or stage show. The trick is definitely with the price.
This. Is. Brilliant!!
No wonder Penn and Teller had no clue. This is wonderful! I have glasses so no blindfold for me but.....as soon as I unfolded it one of the elastic straps came off. Not good for someone who really needs it. Not me thankfully. Otherwise buy this now!
Got the trick last week and amazing the video step by step with joshua is amazing he really is great highly recommend you buy this worth every penny thanks joshua
I had to have this after seeing it on fool us, when it was offered, even though I wear glasses this was covered in a update. Explained well, a must have
Relatively easy to perform
Quality made, special manufactured gaffed deck
Wonderful storyline and multi phased plot which you can adapt.
The impact is fantastic and will fool the majority of people.
Super kicker ending.
It’s quite expensive.
It’s a one trick deck.
The deck is not examinable.
Overall: Ok, so it’s quite expensive but the “trick” is quite simply outstanding. wonderful routine by Josh which builds to an incredible finale.
This is a wonderful trick. I will have to praktice now but I am really looking forward to do this trick infront of my friends. I really want to recomend this trick for all the magicians out there.
Always loved this effect, from the first time I saw Joshua perform this on Fool Us until the demo video appeared on Vanishing Inc. When it was out of stock, I thought I had missed it. Now, after learning the diabolical working AND performing it, I am enamored with the true wonder it provokes in my audiences. Thanks, Josh and Card Shark.
The first time I saw this on Fool Us I was shocked! So impressed. I couldn't believe right after his TV appearance he would make the decision of releasing the effect out. And he did! I already bought two of them and perform it every time I have the chance to. Great reputation maker!
Killer trick! I can't believe Josh released it to the magic community!
Anything from Joshua Jay is just pure genius! It's well worth the price, time and investment to put in your repertoire. I can't wait to blow peoples minds with this genius and sleight of hand free miracle. Why are you still reading this, just go buy it!
This routine feels very special. I get goosebumps while performing it for people because it just seems to be so impossible. I will say that I have modified the handling since I wear glasses and the suggestion Joshua makes didn't really work for me. I got creative and used some things I learned from Woody Aragon's "Foolish Cheater" (by applying some R&S to some cards) so that I could do the entire routine completely blind, without looking. The result is astonishing. People have audibly gasped when I turn over the card to show that it is their thought of card. Love this so much!
First things first, this deck/effect has been ingeniously made and Joshua has thought of an absolute blinder here - let's get that right !!
I love Joshua's presentations and explanations in his videos and he always explains it in plain English - no gibberish or hard to understand words/phrases are used which is always an added bonus
One of the people that left a review (Gary) said that this deck is not examinable - that is a load of rubbish and he doesn't know what he's talking about or he has poor management skills because 99% of laypeople will never know how this is done and maybe he needs to work on his management skills if he thinks that
For me, this is value for money, well thought out and cleverly designed
I’m ordering a backup deck right now!
This effect is definitely going into my Keepers Arsenal.
Thank you for this brilliantly engineered, exquisitely taught and beautiful new miracle.
I also love having the DVD as well as the online video.
“Bravo” to all involved!
Very clever effect. The deck is well made as would be expected since it is produced by Card Shark. It does take a little practice to be able to decipher the gimmick. I find it more difficult if it is in low light so I would recommend checking your performing conditions before doing the effect.
1. The deck is neat and well made. You can't really buy or DIY such kind of deck anywhere.
2. The method is new and clean. It combines mentalism and visual part.
3. Fooler. No matter for magicians and laymans.
4. Easy handling.
1. Expensive! I know this deck is well design, and you can't but it anywhere. But this deck can only do this trick. The similar price deck I have is "destiny deck". However, destiny deck product teaches you 5-10 more tricks.
2. You need professional audience management. Once your audience is dumb, the trick is over.
Lovely trick and beautifully manufactured stock. Can be used for so many other tricks - great value.The blindfold option is not, as explained by Josh, the only presentation and I will be looking to put my own slant on this. The blindfold itself is disappointing if you need it.
Very nice effect, however, if you wear glasses for near vision, the blind fold can't be used. You will be unable to present the effect as Joshua did on Penn and Teller. There is an alternate presentation link that you can get that shows how to perform without the blind fold, but it is like a B movie compared to the blind fold presentation, IMO. Disappointing.
Thought the video on wearing glasses was pretty weak. Comments like "the cards are upside down anyway," don't add anything to the explanation. After splitting the deck into 3 piles, what about looking through the last few cards (where the key cards were buried by placing the deck on top). Doesn't that draw suspicion? Better if we were given actual demonstrations of the presentations with different ways to handle the glasses issue.
I have to say, I am sold by the method (which still was a little overpriced) but I was displeased with the quality of the deck.