Blade - A Mini Illusion From Nicholas Lawrence
If you've ever wanted to perform a big illusion on stage, but work close-up, you'll love Blade. It's essentially a zig-zag with cards. Everything is examinable before and after the trick. And it's super easy. The hand-made gimmicks you get do all the work for you.
A playing card, credit card, ID or even a business card is sandwiched between two other cards, then it is visually split in half, like a sawing in half or zig zag illusion. Then, with no additional cover, the card is restored and can be handed out for examination.
"A creative force in close up magic" - Shin Lim
"I wish I'd thought of this" - Dan Harlan
There's no arts and crafts. The gimmick works right out of the box. Not only do you get one pre-made gimmick, you also get extra parts that enable you to fully customise Blade for your own nefarious needs.
Community questions about Blade
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Steven asks: Just want to confirm that everything can be handed out for examination....all three cards.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You can hand the three cards out after the effect, sure!
Robert asks: how much sleight of hand is involved with this compact illusion.?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: Very little. The gimmick does the work for you.
Brian asks: If you're "giving everything out for examination" am I palming something and misdirecting on an off beat?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You need to ditch the gimmick, yes. That is very easy though.
Jim asks: Is the playing card a free choice?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You need to match it to the gimmick (buy you can easily make the gimmick match another card.
Patrick asks: Does Nicholas teach you how to make/repair the gimmick or are you left to buy a new one if it gets worn etc.?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: There's nothing to replace or repair, really. Nicholas does show you have to make your own gimmick if needed - I bet it would take about five minutes or less.
David asks: Part of the promo for this effect is that it can be done with a borrowed deck. Would Mr. Lawrence be willing to make an addendum for purchasers demonstrating a couple handlings for loading the gimmick when using borrowed cards, or cards from a deck previously in use. Thank you.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: That's a question worth asking Nicholas directly.
Jim asks: Will the gimmick fit in a loaded card box? I like to carry as few things as possible. If it can fit in a box with the other 52 cards, that would be great!
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: Sure - it would fit inside a deck.
Interested in Blade? You may also like:
A modern approach to the classic moving finger trick.
Imagine being able to pull out a SINGLE bill from your wallet. Give it a...
We at Vanishing Inc. understand the impact of quick, to the point, and...
A visually stunning effect which is a mix of diminishing cards meets vanishing...
The new Chapswitch by Nicholas Lawrence caught our eye. The change is...
"Swap" in three words: PRACTICAL, ORIGINAL, STUNNING.Nicholas Lawrence releases...
Customer reviews for Blade