Magic download (video) by Christian Grace ($18.00)
The effect is the stuff of legends: a GENUINELY free choice of any card is hopelessly lost in the deck. The magician then cascades the cards to the table and "plucks" just two cards from the cascade...but neither are the selection. Instead, the plucked cards form a number--a Two and a Six, 26--and the selected card is found at that position in the pack! The spectator can deal the cards and the two cards plucked from the middle really are caught from a cascading spread. No breaks or special cards are required.
- No gimmicks
- Easy to do
- Perform remotely
Christian Grace has developed a concept that is part subtlety, part basic sleight-of-hand, and part mathematical, and the combination is a perfect blend. This effect takes some knack but can be learned within minutes and mastered with just a minimum of practice. Taught in careful detail by Christian Grace, "Pluck" is sure to fool magicians and laymen at your next performance.
Running time: 12 minutes 39 seconds.
Community questions about Pluck
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Robert asks: Is there a version that requires no sleight of hand.
- 1. Christian Grace (creator) responds: Yes, There are other suggestions in the tutorial if you are uncomfortable with the ‘pluck’ although the selection procedure has to stay the same! It’s an achievable trick for a beginner
Larry asks: Will the numbers always be a two and a six?
- 1. Christian Grace (creator) responds: It’s can be 26 or 28 with the main explanation or using the same methods with your own numbers if you like
Stuart asks: Does this require a 52-card setup?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: It does not.
Dan asks: I am a beginner card magician, how challenging would you rate this trick from a card handling perspective?
Is there prep work / setup with the deck before it can be performed?
- 1. Christian Grace (creator) responds: There is a small setup! The procedure is very simple and clearly explained. There are suggestions of other ways to accomplish the reveal for the trick which range from beginner to intermediate!
Peter asks: Does this use a normal deck
- 1. Christian Grace (creator) responds: Yes any regular deck can be used!
Customer reviews for Pluck