Astonishing Essays - Prison Magician
Diary of a Prison Magician is an autobiography written by a prison inmate-magician serving a life sentence. He speaks about doing magic "on the inside" and the unthinkable obstacles of performing magic in such a hostile environment. At turns fascinating and touching and funny, this volume speaks to the enduring power of magic not only for spectators, but also magicians.
Astonishing Essays is our most ambitious publishing project to date. It's a TEN-VOLUME collection of small, attractive books that will make you a better magician. The concept is simple: we pair the very finest intellects in magic with a topic they're passionate about. Each collection can be read in one sitting; it's meatier than an article but shorter than a full book. Think of it as "novella" size. Brew yourself a cup of coffee, get comfortable in your favorite chair, and open Astonishing Essays to be transported to a new world. These books will challenge the way you think about your magic and expand your horizons.
Community questions about Astonishing Essays - Prison Magician
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Anthony asks: Is this written by the same prisoner who inspired Balance?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You ask a very interesting question. However, I am afraid that we are unable to discuss any details with regards to the author of this essay.
Al asks: Can we get these signed?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The magician in question is in prison. He will not be able to sign any books. Sorry.
- 2. Anon’s answers: You can’t.
Source: am Anon’s son. I’m not joking. Luckily, I have my copy inscribed.
- 3. Steve answers: Can we get mine signed through you?
David asks: You seem to have several "Astonishing Essays"is there any plan to release a "Box set" of them?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: If we ever make a box set, it will be in a way that will add to the books (we don't plan on selling a discounted complete set, for example).
Jeff asks: I perform for a prison ministry on their daddy-child days so I have a heart for our incarcerated men and women. I would be quite happy if some of the proceeds for purchasing the Prison Magician would be sent to his prison account. Does that happen?
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tony answers: I think Vanishing will do that, for this kind of question please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an accurate answer
Loren asks: Hi guys,
Love the provocative prison Magician who is doing life. Is there a reason why he wishes to be anonymous? I don’t mean to come here to speculate the authenticity of what's being sold. With that said, I find it hard to understand and would have a great appreciation knowing. I have interest in this purchase if it could be backed by some credibility. Of course being credible gentleman with a reputable site I am hoping to get some insight in this matter. Thank you for taking the time to consider my request.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tony answers: I think he just wants to want to keep the secret to protect his family somehow. You can contact Josh, I think he can give you an accurate answer
- 2. Jeffrey answers: "I have interest in this purchase if it could be backed by some credibility".
I understand on its face what you mean here but where would card magic be if no one had ever purchased "The Expert At The Card Table" by E. S. Andrews? He was certainly "a man with no credibility" both for his time and still today.
I kind of prefer "not knowing" thus not pre-judging because I might not like an effect or set if notes (for example) that he may have put out before. I would consider this booklet to be "Pure" in a sense.
I look forward to picking this one up over several others just to see what an isolated individual can add to the art.
Interested in Astonishing Essays - Prison Magician? You may also like:
Customer reviews for Astonishing Essays - Prison Magician