Freedom of Expression
In stock. Order in the next 10 hours, 41 minutes and it will go out today!
One of Dani DaOrtiz's most beloved texts is available for the first time ever in English.
Freedom of Expression is an incredible look inside Dani's thinking and philosophy that has helped countless magicians improve their use of psychological forcing and other psychological weapons. Across these nearly 180 pages, Dani strips these concepts to their bare bones in an effort to place them within everyone's reach.
This is the same book that disrupted the magic world in 2009 when it was first published in Spanish. It was the book that introduced us to Dani's famous belief that "everything happens from the viewpoint of the audience."
You'll be transported to Dani's world and learn how to enter the spectator's mind and manipulate as you see fit. Along the way, you'll uncover an arsenal of techniques that will enable you to force your spectator to make decisions they truly feel are completely free.
Freedom of Expression Contents:
- Strategies, subtleties, psychological techniques...
- Force numbers, cards (without using a deck), situations, decisions...
- Study on classical (psychological) forcing
- The psychology of the seventh card
- Working with small groups
- Verbal and numerical forces
- Magician's Choice
- Deception by visual perception
- Dealing with mistakes and outs
- Fishing and subtleties
- Tricks right out of Dani's repertoire
- Think of a number...
Be Part of the Exclusive Seminar
This offer is only for the people who pre-order the book. In December 28th, Dani will host a special seminar which goes beyond the contents of the book.
Community questions about Freedom of Expression
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Aaron asks: I have a question about the preorder seminar about the book. Did it come out in December before the book has been released? Or has the date changed for the release of the book? Thank you for your time.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Jim answers: Contact customer service on this.
Michael asks: Is there an update on the arrival date? The 17th has come and gone with no word at all for customers who pre-ordered.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Diego answers: I contacted support about a week ago and they said that there was a delay on the publisher side and that they didn’t have an ETA at the moment.
If you pre-ordered the book then you should have access to the video that came with it. It’s a MUST watch (several times) and be ready to take notes!!!
- 2. Diego answers: About two weeks ago I got an email from Vanishing stating that the new release date was 2/3/22 but I haven't heard since and there are no updates as to when the book may finally ship.
- 3. Robert answers: I asked recently myself and was told it would arrive last week or this week. Another ship has sailed.
- 4. Jamie answers: I asked again recently and answer was now that there’s no known ETA for the book.
- 5. Diego answers: 3/12/22 update: reached out to support today and here’s their answer: “ No guarantees, but it is suppose to ship by the 15th or the 16th.” I’m assuming they mean in March. Fingers crossed. If the book is as good as the lecture it’s going to be awesome!
- 6. Diego answers: 3/24/22 update: according to UPS my book should be getting delivered today! ?? Hopefully everyone else who pre-ordered is in a similar situation!
Post comments on the book here after reading!
- 7. Robert answers: Two other deadlines missed unless those dates were for April, May, June etc. It's like Waiting for Godot at this point.
Joseph asks: Why do you never give a page count or the format for your new book offerings? This is basic information that I'm sure everyone interested in these items would want to know.
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: There are 153 pages in this book.
Joseph asks: Let me try this again. Is this a hardcover book or paperbound and what are the dimensions?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: It is a hardcover book. Dimensions are 9.0 x 7.0 x 0.1
Interested in Freedom of Expression? You may also like:
Ben Earl's Inside Out is a deeply personal book filled with radical new...
“Morgan and West are that rare thing, utterly unique, enormously entertaining...
Customer reviews for Freedom of Expression
Freedom of Expression is an excellent book for any magician who would like to improve their performance of anything they do whether they are are a hobbyist or a full time professional. While there are a few card effects at the end of the book, the most important parts are those that not only explain some of Dani's techniques in both managing your spectator but also making them feel that everything is a free will choice. Freedom of Expression also both explains and gives examples on how to recover from problems such as the spectator NOT picking the force card. If you want both your spectator and your audience to be on your side and not become even the slightest bit adversarial then this is definitely a book you should read. I can honestly say it is both one of the 5 best books I have read in the past 3 years and also a book that has me improve my performances the most. And just to give you a point of reference for this review, I am a serious magic hobbyist who enjoys both learning and performing magical effects for family, friends, and other magicians.
I read a lot of magic books… and this is excellent. I have been systematically studying Dani’s magic for a few years, but most is on video. His style and his methods are intertwined, which can make it difficult to apply… I could watch Dani over and over, but you wouldn’t want to copy his unique style. This book breaks down his principles (without Dani’s personality), which I think his helpful in trying to apply his incredible approach to any performance style. Also, John Lovick edited the translation, so it reads very well. Highest recommendation!