Ken Weber has done something remarkable: he has written a modern classic. This site is NOT about hyperbole, so you won’t hear us mention this often. Many magic books—good magic books—will have their moment and then fade away. This book is here to stay. It’s an undisputed classic. And a success! It’s one of the top-selling books in our field for five years running!
Why? Because it delivers its promise. You can read this book and make the show or tricks you already do, better! Ken teaches us things no other magic book does: how to be our own THEATRICAL director, how to handle spectators, how to work a microphone, how to ADAPT to difficult situations, and much more. Every professional dreams of having a director like Ken Weber. Now we can. Maximum Entertainment is essential reading if you’re serious about performing magic.
Here is just some of what you can expect:
- How to BE YOUR OWN DIRECTOR.
- Puzzle, trick, or EXTRAORDINARY MOMENT; Be sure you know the difference!
- How to precisely target the "BIG THREE" REACTIONS.
- Discover the SIX PILLARS OF ENTERTAINMENT SUCCESS. You will never reach your full potential until you master all six.
- Learn essential tips for SCRIPTING AND REHEARSING, and CHOOSING THE MOST POWERFUL MATERIAL.
- Discover invaluable VOICE tricks and LANGUAGE SKILLS.
- Do you know the smart way for magicians to be FUNNY? This book will show you.
- Immensely practical tips on MUSIC, SOUND and LIGHTING.
- Find out what the most successful performers do BEFORE, DURING, and even AFTER every show
- Plus bonus chapters zeroing in on the special problems faced by CLOSE-UP MAGICIANS, "SILENT" ACTS, and MENTALISTS.
Ken Weber is one of the most successful mentalist/magicians in America. Newsweek magazine named him "one of the most frequently requested" performers on the college circuit. Ken Weber has performed for over 500 colleges and universities, and for major corporations, associations and resorts.
Through careful study, he uncovered the many secrets that helps top performers stand apart from their peers. He shares a blueprint for success in Maximum Entertainment 2.0 including:
"This book is here to stay. It's an undisputed classic. Every professional dreams of having a director like Ken Weber. Now we can. Maximum Entertainment is essential reading if you're serious about performing magic."
"The ultimate guide for the entertainer of the 21st century. Deceptively simple, practical, and fun. Highly constructive advice for any performer. With deep insight and gentle guidance, Ken Weber breaks a critical silence about the flaws within our art form. A stroke of genius in concept, and a joy to read!"
"Little hints and big ideas combine until literally every page is sprinkled with priceless information!... The chapters on 'Lights' and 'Sound' should be required reading for anyone who performs on stage."
Eric Mead (Genii magazine)
"I often recommend your book in my seminars, private teachings and in general conversations. You really did an amazing job. It is required reading for all my students."
Shawn Farquhar(FISM Grand Prix World Champion of Magic)
"The best book I've read in many years about the practical side of stage performance. Every serious magician should own this book."