Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler
This masterwork encapsulates not only some of world champion Daryl's finest work, but also some of the most influential material of the 1980s. Here we see Daryl's now legendary Cutting Display for Triumph, his stunning, perfect "Mysterious Cross of India" Coins Across, and "The Boomerang Card of Mystery." There are also some forgotten gems, waiting to be resurrected from the early 80s and introduced to a new audience. "In the Pinch" allows you to snatch a selection from a cascading pack of cards. You will also find Daryl's touches on Twisting the Aces, an impossible card location, and more.
**Secrets of a “Puerto Rican Gambler” ** is Daryl's rarest and most acclaimed work, and we're thrilled to present this updated reprint to fans worldwide. In addition to a sparkling new edit and layout, there are more than double the original photographs. Also included is a bonus routine not found in the original book but created during the same time period: Daryl's astounding "Double Dazzling Triumph."
- The Boomerang Card of Mystery - Catch a selection from a falling waterfall of cards.
- The Chicago Conspiracy - Trap two selections by causing them to come together.
- Quick Silver - Two selected cards are attracted to a half dollar, as if by magic.
- Holding On - Alex Elmsley's "Between Your Palms" is a modern classic, and this is Daryl's terrific take.
- The Puerto Rican Triumph - This is it! This is where Daryl's now-famous Cutting Display debuted.
- The Mysterious Cross of India - A Coins Across of the Finest Order. No hand-to-hand transfers. A modern classic!
- In the Pinch - You trap a selection as a spectator dribbles the cards to the table!
- Just Tweezing - A variation of the above.
- Conditional Assembly - A beautiful, thoughtful take on the classic four-Ace Assembly.
- Twisted Aces Redivivus - If you love Vernon's Twisting the Aces, you'll love these fine finesses.
- Double Dazzling Triumph - A show-stopping closer in the key of Triumph.
Customer reviews for Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler
From the September 2016 Genii magazine. Reviewed by John Lovick
Vanishing Inc. has republished Secrets of in a lovely new edition (along with its sequel, For Your Entertainment Pleasure). This new edition is not only a hardcover (in contrast with the original), it has been newly typeset and laid out, features 243 photographs (more than four times the original), and includes a bonus routine.
Daryl must be thrilled with the first-class treatment this book has received (the only thing he could conceivably complain about is the hideous cover that looks like garish clip art that was chosen by someone with no knowledge of the book’s contents). Students who have searched in vain for Daryl’s debut publication can rejoice that this improved edition is now available.
Community questions about Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question