Smoke & Mirrors Bannon
John Bannon is one of the most popular creators of close-up magic. His routines are regularly used by professional and hobbyist magicians. If you don't have a John Bannon routine in your repertoire you are missing out on professional caliber magic that is practical, commercial and fun to perform.
After the tremendous success of John Bannon's Impossibilia video and his best selling book Smoke & Mirrors John once again releases some amazing creations. The focus of this program is card magic
that is direct, entertaining and never fails to fool. You will love the many easy-to-perform routines with novel premises and high impact.
Routines performed and explained:
- Tattoo You: An easy routine where an initialed selected card matches a prediction. The initials are visually transferred to the prediction and it is given as a souvenir.
- Masquerade: A Joker assembly where the jokers vanish from individual packets and appear in a leader packet. As a kicker ending the jokers change into four aces. .
- Lessons Are Extra: A gambling demonstration where you apparently teach the techniques of card cheaters and continually deal winning poker hands to yourself. "
- Outer Limits: A spectator cuts a small packet of cards and thinks of one of them. You immediately tell them what they are thinking of.
- Sheep To The Slaughter: A card cheating demonstration where the four aces are obviously dealt to yourself but when
the hand is turned over it is the Royal Flush.
- Trick Shot Production: A memorable routine that starts out with a selected card and ends with a surprise production.
Plus performances and explanations to: Detour De Force, Do The 'Twixt, New Jack City, Timely Departure, Call Of The
Wild (performance only), and Underhanded. Also explained are the many techniques used to accomplish these miracles.
Special DVD Features
Last Man Standing bonus routine • Instant access to performances, explanations and techniques • DVD Trailers • Dolby Digital sound • Encoded for worldwide viewing.
Customer reviews for Smoke & Mirrors Bannon
As John Bannon's early works, including Smoke and Mirrors, are not readily available, this is one of the best places for some of Bannon's best magic.
Tattoo You is a neo-classic. It's easy and different -- a delight. Everyone should know it.
There are a few tricks that are not only quite good, but which will help to develop one's confidence and one's powers of misdirection. I have in mind Do the 'Twixt, which involves a switch of a card that the spectator is holding; and Trick Shot Production, where an 8 Ball is produced out of a card box -- amazingly, without too much difficulty.
Detour De Force is an incredible trick that will require some arts and crafts -- but they are worth it. That trick can be done by anyone willing to put forth the effort. Timely Departure is another brilliant trick that is nearly self-working. Finally, Outer Limits is a simply, direct mind-reading trick that is good to know if you don't already know something similar.
All in all, a great collection. And it is worth seeing Bannon perform these tricks. There is a certain pleasure in being fooled by such wonderfully simple methods.
Professional Review Smoke & Mirrors Bannon
Community questions about Smoke & Mirrors Bannon
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question