Gibecière Complete Set
In stock. Order now — we'll send it first thing Friday morning
Gibecière just might be the best-kept secret in magic. They have been quietly putting out full books on a quarterly basis. Each issue of this historical journal is a deep-dive into arcane subjects related to magic and magicians. And, without question, these books have moved the craft of magic forward in scholarship. Not to sound elitist, but you can essentially tell who "gets it" by who has a set of Gibecière in their library. These are must-read texts for anyone serious about building a foundation in magic. And even though most of the subject matter takes place before the year 1800, the material really is cutting edge research, with new developments on magic's past and breathtaking new revelations about our most famous figures.
And now, for a limited time, we've made it easy for you to get ALL 28 ISSUES. Instead of the retail price of $1,300 dollars for each issue (issues range in price from 40-60 dollars), we are offering the ENTIRE set, including the rare and out-of-print issues. These look GORGEOUS on a shelf.
- You'll read Joshua Jay's seminal article on "Tragic Magic."
- You'll read fascinating articles by Mike Caveney, Max Maven, Persi Diaconis, Michael Weber, and more.
- You'll read about the strange connection between a magic painting and Leonardo da Vinci.
- You'll read a never-before translated early text of magic with material you never expected to be 300 years old!
And so, so, so much more.
Community questions about Gibecière Complete Set
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Steve asks: Hi guys,
Is this to be made available in digital format? My bookshelves are already overflowing! ;-)
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: We are not aware of it being made in digital format.
- 2. Benjamin answers: Consider other options. I think the library has digital pdfs.
- 3. Richard answers: I've only got the most recent one of these, but a big part of the pleasure is the beautiful binding - it really is gorgeous. Nothing on my (also overflowing) shelves is safe from being relegated for more of these. Take a punt on one and you'll see what I mean (I can only recommend the latest, and I do, I really do).
Interested in Gibecière Complete Set? You may also like:
Gibeciere Volume 5
Magic lovers rejoice! Due to the great efforts of our editor Stephen Minch the...
Review Gibecière Complete Set