John Kennedy Mystery Box II
John Kennedy perfected the signed card in box routine a decade ago with Mystery Box. Not only did he offer a self-working handling that didn't even require so much as a card fold, but he gave professionals a way to end ANY card routine by revealing a signed card in an attractive wooden box, WHICH WAS IMMEDIATELY EXAMINABLE.
Well, he has finally brought out a definitive and improved edition. It works the same way, but it is now smaller on the outside, in a slick new "Pagoda" style colored in black and grey. This is truly a modern classic: both of us (Andi and Josh) use the Mystery Box in walkaround situations—and we had to work VERY hard to secure a quantity of these directly from Mr. Kennedy.
In effect, a card is freely chosen and signed by a spectator, then shuffled back into the deck. The whole time, a small black box is sat on the table and the performer never touches it. He asks someone to remove the lid and they see a folded card inside. The performer very cleanly dumbs out the folded card and places the empty box on the table. The folded card is the signed selection.
There are many reasons why this brand new version is the best:
- The box is made from impact resistant ABS and built to last a lifetime. It has a stylish two tone black and grey color scheme.
- It's smaller and sleeker than the previous versions, yet has the same space inside for the folded object.
- The folded item looks real because it is real. The gimmick allows you to use real cards, real money, etc. instead of a printed fake. The "3D" folded look is perfect in this new version!
- The box has the most precision hidden gimmick of any previous version and can be completely examined with no clue to the mystery.
John Kennedy's Mystery Box comes with a folded Bicycle playing card gimmick inside.
Community questions about John Kennedy Mystery Box II
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Johnny asks: Hi Mr.Kennedy,
What makes this better than the wooden one they seem to be the same only different look. Does it do something different.
I love the original awesome effect.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. James answers: Same effect and method—the only difference is that the box is made out of a different material.
Interested in John Kennedy Mystery Box II? You may also like:
Card to canister... with a clear difference.
When unveiled at...
Customer reviews for John Kennedy Mystery Box II