Lessons in Magic Volume 3
Out of stock. Email me when new stock arrives.
Juan Tamariz is a one-of-a-kind performer. A household name in his native Spain , he is one of the most unique and talented performers ever to grace our art. In the tradition of Vernon and Slydini he has blazed his own enchanted trail. His books on magic are required reading for any thinking student of magic. His repertoire is vast as well as legendary; he once performed for 74 weeks in a row on television. He is in constant demand and is often mobbed on the streets of Madrid by adoring fans. He is one of those especial performers that takes the spectators on a wonderful journey - a magical journey through the heart as well as the mind.
Juan is the consummate performer. Armed with only a deck of cards he can entertain a small group or a packed auditorium for hours. He is hilariously funny, but at the same time he'll fool you like you've never been fooled before. He is one of magic's greatest thinkers, a master of misdirection and a magic philosophy, and he has never had a large body of material recorded... until now! On this exclusive three-volume set of DVDs you will learn invaluable lessons in routining and construction, magical emotion, technique and presentation.
- The Centauros: An enchanting tale of myth, magic, and the sea constructed to be a beautiful, musical and magical interlude
- Sticker: A transposition between two red mates and two black mates that's a real fooler. It looks impossible!
- T.P.C.-The Tamariz Perpendicular Control: Learn Juan's closely-guarded secret sleight. Using this ingenious utility sleight you can do many things including, undetectably controlling and palming cards. Then learn three awesome effects utilizing The Perpendicular Control: A Number, Cards to Pocket, and The Rising Card.
- Doubly Ambitious: An Ambitious Card routine with two selections! They repeatedly rise in tandem to the top of the deck; a truly unique and highly magical version of this classic effect.
- 4 Aces: Juan's hilarious ace assembly wherein the spectator does all of the magic! A masterpiece of presentation! Running Time Approximately 81 min
Community questions about Lessons in Magic Volume 3
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Interested in Lessons in Magic Volume 3? You may also like:
Many magicians recognize the power of a memorized deck, but...
Customer reviews for Lessons in Magic Volume 3
Doubly Ambitious is fantastic !
It's amazing this isn't done more. Because the audience will remember the two cards rising not one.
You'll always be ahead if they've seen other single versions too.
But more importantly because two cards are used and the strategy used in the trick is so powerful they just give in to the beauty of it.
Also very importantly is that this is done and instructed Tamariz style. NOT SHOW OFF.
He gets two people highly engaged and of course the audience watching.
A very under performed version of a very popular idea.
And no Sharpie needed as again the two cards really eliminate the idea of method and enhance the rising mystery as compared to one card.
It also really feels good to turn over two cards.
The first card is great and then they wait ... the anticipation (suspense) is built in for the second coming. Great moments that the original single version doesn't have - having just the one reveal.
Of course if brevity is what you need than a single a few times can open eyes.
But Doubly Ambitious is more of a routine. A good opener or closer or stand alone.
When handled well this is a masterpiece. And in my opinion when you learn this version it's the only "ambitious" version you want to perform and master.