Bicycle Golden Spike Deck
Deck of cards by Jody Eklund ($13.95)
In stock. Order in the next 8 hours, 28 minutes and it will go out today!
Golden Spike Playing Cards are inspired by the completion of the 1st Transcontinental Railroad on May 10th, 1869.
It was the first rail line that connected the east to the west and revolutionized transportation and commerce in a post Civil War United States. A Golden Spike was created as a commemorative piece to celebrate the completion of the 1st transcontinental railroad and was driven into the ground where the Union Pacific met the Central Pacific Railroad at Promontory Point, Utah. When the hammer rang out and the golden spike was driven into the ground, a new era of industry and expansion rang out across the United States.
Each playing card deck has been illustrated using a cross hatch technique to mimic the style of engraving and lithographs that were common to the time period. Each card has been researched and given ample time to create and refine each illustration.
- Printed by the United States Playing Card Company
- Each court card, Ace and Ad card has original illustrations, capturing the feel of the era and the major players in the creation of the 1st Transcontinental Railroad
- Original Art for the Jokers and ad cards which will not be available in the Golden Spike "Gold Edition" deck
- The tuck cases have original illustrations and depict the Central Pacific train "Jupiter."
- There is an Ad card that will give the names of the characters
Card stock: Regular
Printed by: USPCC
Box seal: Yes
Custom faces: Yes
Includes a blank facer: No
Includes a double-backer: No
Includes matching jokers: No
Community questions about Bicycle Golden Spike Deck
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Interested in Bicycle Golden Spike Deck? You may also like:
Review Bicycle Golden Spike Deck