Convince your audience that you can truly influence their thoughts. With "Cardvertisement" a free choice matches a prediction that has been in view the entire time.
Michel Huot (creator of the bestelling effects "Socks", "Nostalgia" and "Priceless") has teamed up with Luca Volpe and Alan Wong to present a fantastic 5-10 minute routine that you can slide right into your stage and parlor magic show.
"Cardvertisement" leans into the concept of how we are constantly surrounded by advertisements. Everywhere we look, someone is trying to subtly influence us. But, does it really work? This routine explores that idea.
Here is an example of how things can go:
You bring attention to one card and one card only (it can be on the table, in a clip, in a balloon, paperclipped to your breast pocket etc.). You then show different boards and have one or many members of the audience make some choices. There is no forcing here.
They start with a broad choice between tea or coffee. Let's say they chose tea. You then ask them if they want the red circle or black square. They choose black.
Of course, you remark, people your age that drink tea tend to go with the black square.
They then have a choice between Spades or Clubs on another board. The Spades symbol is way bigger than the clubs. Is this on purpose? Is it trying to influence you to choose that symbol? Or is it reverse psychology?
Ultimately, they choose Clubs. Just like you knew they would. Everything is going just as you planned.
Another board is introduced.
Odds or Evens?
Yes, that's perfect. Ace, 3, 5, 7, 9, Jack or King...which one?
So, tea, black, spades, odds, 9...that makes the 9 of Spades. Every choice was totally free and fair.
You then remove the card from the clip, which has been visible the whole time, and show it is the 9 of Spades.
"Cardvertisement" Key Details
- Super easy to do
- Up to 10 minutes of audience-proven material without breaking a sweat
- All 52 cards are possible
- No forces
- No fumbling or weird movements
- Everything stays in full view
- Prediction card can be kept anywhere you want (clear box, clip, balloon, sticking out of your pocket, Kennedy box, etc.)
- Doesn't need to just be a card—customize with symbols, superheroes, client products etc.
Comes in an elegant box with
- 7 boards
- Velcro strip for the cards
- A carry bag
- Complete video instructions (including Michel Huot's H.i.P.S Switch, an unbelievable method for switching a card or billet in full view)
If you are looking for a killer stand-up routine, look no further than "Cardvertisement!"