Of Dice and Men (Hug/Kill)
In stock - very few available. Order now — we'll send it first thing Wednesday morning
Of Dice and Men is Tom Stone’s famous “Hug/Kill” trick.
You bring a participant up on stage and explain that you are going to let the roll of a dice decide how you greet her. She shakes a dice in a cup and calls out the number. “Three!”. You remove the card with the number three from the stand and it says “Hug”. You hug the spectator, accidentally revealing that all of the other cards say “Kill”.
This could be one of the most memorable stage openers there is. It packs small and plays big which is why it has become a staple routine for so many professional magicians around the world. For the first time, it is now available to buy, with everything made to Tom’s exacting standards.
- Easy to do
- Packs small
- Gimmick included
- Dice can be examined
Package includes: Gimmick, Dice, Card Stand (collapsible) and full video instructions. You must supply your own cup, or container to shake the dice.
Performing in another language? You can easily substitute the plastic cards for cards that you print yourself.
"Of Dice and Men" is Tom Stone's gift to comedy magic. Performing it guarantees the biggest laugh in my act... or anyone's act. It is a deceptively subtle masterpiece.Rob Zabrecky
""This routine is a modern day classic with both amateurs and professionals alike. It's easy, magical, and hilarious."Eric Buss
"It is a perfect routine. Easy to carry, easy to perform, plays big, and gets even bigger laughs."Michael Night
"A killer applause cue"Anthony Miller
Community questions about Of Dice and Men (Hug/Kill)
Have a question about this product? It's possible others do too. Ask here and other Vanishing Inc. Magic customers will be able to respond with assistance! Alternatively, email us and we can help too.
Ask a question
Charles asks: Do the cards still come rolled up so they are impossible to straighten?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: The cards do come rolled up. I personally own a set, and have had no issues with them straightening out. I placed them flat under my stack of Tabell books, and left them for the weekend. Zero issues. Rumor has it that the Card Collage series will work as well. :)
james asks: can the cup you provide for the effect be a clear glass so the dye is visible to the audience?
- 1. Vanishing Inc. Magic responds: You provide your own cup. It cannot be clear, however.
Jack asks: I'm having the worst time trying to straighten out the cards. Any ideas? I've had the cards under the Al Baker book AND all three Stewart James books. Still haven't straightened out yet!! Do the replacement cards you sell separately come rolled up and shrink wrapped too? No love loss here, just wish they were not rolled into a tube.
Thanks for your help.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Jack answers: I also bent them the other way with rubber bands and those suckers sprung right back!
- 2. Dane answers: What I did I folded them back the other way and left it in my hot car for the day and that pretty much worked.
Michael asks: How do I unbend these cards? Fir $65 they shouldn’t come bent.
Post an answer to this question
- 1. Tony answers: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help
Customer reviews for Of Dice and Men (Hug/Kill)